Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Have Clean Clothes!

It only took me 22 days in Spain to figure out how to use the washing machine!  I'll have you know this is a success story.  I have clean clothes!  Other practical things I have done this week include getting a bank account and residency card, sweeping my floor, changing my sheets, and walking through the crosswalk (directly translated from spanish: zebra passage) when it says not to go but the lanes are clear.  We also finally found the Salt and Pepper in the grocery store.  I am still hesitant to buy fruits and veggies that aren't prepackaged because there is a weighing device that looks quite uninviting.  Ashley did it and said it was a piece of tortilla though so... I think I will be ok.

Now for the fun stuff:  I went to the beach this last weekend.  Punta Umbria, Huelva.  I burnt my bum, but other than that it was a positive experience.  We are renting a car and headed to Lagos, Portugal this weekend.  Search it in google images.  It is gorgeous!  I went last year and have dreamt about the burgers from a little place called "NaNaBa" and will finally be reaquainted with them in just a few short days.

OH the lasagna barbacoa was NASTY.  I don't know what I did wrong, but I don't care. I will never consume such a strange combination again. I had you all concerned for good reason... YUCK! I'll be sticking to chorizo and cheese sandwiches with more olive oil than I have ever consumed, it is a safe bet.  Ashley and I have devoured over a liter of olive oil in 3 weeks.  That doesn't include the olive oil we use outside our house.  Yikes. 

I miss you all terribly, but am having a wonderful time here in Spain.  I promise some pictures soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment