Friday, November 19, 2010

Hey, Hey We're the Monkees, and People Say We Monkey Around...


Went to Gibraltar yesterday.  The tip of Europe where Hercules pushed Europe and Africa apart. The city of Gibraltar is actually English territory to it was fun to read signs that said Piccidilly Ave, Bristol Hotel, and unlike in England the paint on each street crossing says "Look Right" for the confused British travellers.  I went with my older clas, the vocational studies in IT.  We split up into groups of five for the cable ride to the top of the Rock of Gibraltar.  My group decided we were due for an English breakfast including over easy eggs with toast, beans, sausage, and bacon! We when went to the top of the rock. It was GORGEOUS!  You can see Africa in the distance.

There are also wild monkeys all over the rock. They are klepto's so beware! It was a 500 pound fine for feeding them, BUT we were in a quiet corner with 2 and I brought tangerines!  They first monkey looked like he would fight me for it, but when one of the guys handed it to him he politely accepted it with his own hand! We also watched one sneak up on an old man with a sandwich and go to steal it, then when the man noticed the monkey turned and looked back as well scratching is head as if to be trying to trick the old man by looking for who would do such a thing! Me encanta los monos!


I also made friends.  These were some of the guys in my group that day that took me in so I wasn't a loser.


All in all, it was a wonderful day.  I was practicing spanish, but mainly healping the guys with English.  We ate, took pictures and played with monkeys...SUCCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment